this was very helpful. i learned alot! i think that its very important for people to know this information. all of us are going to be future students and have special education students in our classroom. its important to learn about them because then we as teachers can help them within the classroom more!
I enjoyed the posts on your blog, especially this slide show about the 10 things to know about Tourette's Syndrome. I learned a lot and it also answered some questions I had about this syndrome. While reading about this syndrome on your blog, I was wondering if it was closely related to OCD or ADD/ADHD and the slide show helped to compare and explain these concepts together. I think it is very important for us as future teachers to understand this syndrome and how to recognize its symptoms. It is also helpful to understand how to handle individuals with Tourettes and some things we could do to help minimize embarrassment for the student or explain this syndrome to the rest of the class. Nice job Margaret!
Rinat and Courtney, I'm glad you found the information I provided to be helpful. I agree that it is important for all teachers to educate themselves on the syndromes that we may face in our classrooms.
Courtney, I'm glad you found the information about OCD and ADD. Individuals who suffer from Tourette's often suffer from another disorder, and it is very common that they suffer from OCD.
Rinat Urman
ReplyDeletethis was very helpful. i learned alot!
i think that its very important for people to know this information. all of us are going to be future students and have special education students in our classroom. its important to learn about them because then we as teachers can help them within the classroom more!
I enjoyed the posts on your blog, especially this slide show about the 10 things to know about Tourette's Syndrome. I learned a lot and it also answered some questions I had about this syndrome. While reading about this syndrome on your blog, I was wondering if it was closely related to OCD or ADD/ADHD and the slide show helped to compare and explain these concepts together. I think it is very important for us as future teachers to understand this syndrome and how to recognize its symptoms. It is also helpful to understand how to handle individuals with Tourettes and some things we could do to help minimize embarrassment for the student or explain this syndrome to the rest of the class. Nice job Margaret!
ReplyDeleteRinat and Courtney, I'm glad you found the information I provided to be helpful. I agree that it is important for all teachers to educate themselves on the syndromes that we may face in our classrooms.
ReplyDeleteCourtney, I'm glad you found the information about OCD and ADD. Individuals who suffer from Tourette's often suffer from another disorder, and it is very common that they suffer from OCD.
Thanks for you comments!